London, Scotland and Ireland

I have been planning to write in detail about our trip, but one thing led to another and I never got around it till now. The details are quite hazy now, but I am going to put down a few pointers to jog my memory about this beautiful trip in future !

1. For the first time, we searched for 'Indian food' wherever we went. My younger one wanted rice and while we were on the road, we relied on Indian restaurants. The days we were staying in apartments, I cooked rice and packed it for the trip ahead. The quality of both rice as well as curds in UK were better than in India. They were cheap too !

2. Potato chips was our staple snack.

3. Desserts from supermarkets were lovely too and we enjoyed the sheer variety on offer !

4. Western Ireland is beautiful. Extremely so ! Living in God's Own Country means that natural beauty has to be really really great for me to feel 'wow'. And Ireland did make me go 'wow' many times over.

5. Scottish Highlands are out of the world, but once you've seen it, there is nothing more to it. The landscape is the same everywhere, and while I enjoyed it very much, I didn't feel like I have to come back.

6. The colleges in Oxford, Cambridge and Ireland made me wish I were a student again. You can literally smell knowledge in these places !

7. When travelling with kids self drive is a great option. We stopped in the middle of the road to click pictures with sheep, changed our itineraries mid-way and wouldn't want to trade the flexibility that it offers with anything else.

8. It is better to choose apartment hotels from hotels.com rather than houses from AirBNB. We loved every place we stayed in - they were professionally maintained and had all the amenities I wanted - clean sheets, well equipped kitchen et al.

All in all, it was a very memorable trip !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It
really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

Popular Posts